Monday, September 1, 2008

Utah Summer Take 2



Highlights of the trip:
- being home with my mom while she was healing from major foot surgery- it didn't stop her though- she exercised, gave Zanna piano lessons, stayed up late watching Olympics every night, made some delicious meals, and "ran" errands with me!
- Being able to be apart of Mike and Amanda's wedding- it was beautiful and we are so happy they are finally together
- Seeing Dave for 24 hours out of the month (he was in Baltimore for a rotation and was able to come for the wedding for 24 hours)
- seeing friends from Hershey and BYU days- I love connecting with you all!
- spending so many nights with Mindy & Bryce, Matt & Courtnee and Mom & Dad watching the Olympics and chattin'
- the awesome Brian Regan (turned Olympics) party at Scott and Andrea's with the Fryers- that was some good times and good eats!
- going to my high-school reunion in Pullman, WA (pictures to come)
- having so much support over my hair drama- i was such a girl!
- having the kids enjoy their grandparents, cousins, and aunts and uncle so much- James and Grpa M. always compete to see who "loves you more" and Grpa F. and James have a "peanut" battle as well, pretty cute.
- sister talks
- beautiful summer nights
- THANK YOU for all the fun, rides to and from the airport, parties, help with the kids, treats, and just being a great family- we love you all SO so So so much!

5 comments:

martieandtom said...

Melanie,
You've done it again! Nearly every time I read your blogs or see the posted pictures, it makes tears well up inside of me, and I and miss you a whole bunch. You guys are so very precious. Thanks for all the sweet, sentimental moments and memories. Love, Mom (and Dad)

Michelle said...

hey Mel....what great pictures. Whenever I see a new post on your blog, I get a smile on my face..because they always make me happy. You and Dave look so cute in that picture at the wedding. Your kids are so adorable, and I love Zanna's gorgeous eyes. I love you guys!

The Harrises said...

cute new family picture! I like you all in pink satin and Zanna's hair ribbon to boot!

Dave and Mel said...

I just want to make it very clear that I was not wearing anything pink or satin. But thanks for the post Harrises.
Dave

Manda said...

Dave, Mel, Zanna and James,

I am so glad you guys could be in Utah for the wedding. I love seeing your pictures of the trip!! It was fun to have you there. When are we gonna have an east coast Francis party? Do we know what the Thanksgiving plan is??

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA