Wednesday, September 24, 2008

random person's underwear

Can I just say that I HATE it when other people touch my laundry!!
I know it's annoying when people leave their clothes in the dryer, but
yesterday I had to go to the airport to pick up Holly, my cousin who is
moving to South Africa (but that is another post) and I had to leave a little
laundry in the dryer. There are other dryers so I thought I might be okay
on a quiet tuesday night......... but no. When I got back our laundry is all over
the table in the laundry room and I just get that "I've been violated feeling"- does
anyone else know what I mean? So, I take it upstairs to fold it all and realize that
there are some things missing. I was so tired that I didn't go back down last night,
but when I went down this morning the rest of our laundry was mixed in with someone
else's and I had to sort out all our stuff from this random dude's exercise underwear
and I just hate that-gross! Someday, I will have my own machine again, and I will wash 5
red items if I need too and not worry about the $1.25 i am wasting. But, for now I will
look on the bright side and take advantage of the fact that I can do 6 loads at one time
if I need to and they will all be clean and dry in 1 hour- that's pretty awesome. I think
I will go eat some candy corns now, I am slightly addicted at the moment.

P.S.- speaking of underwear, both kids pooped in their underwear tonight when we
were at one the the attending's that Dave works with house for dinner tonight- it was AwESoMe!

9 comments:

Jessica F. said...

I HATE it when people touch my things! Probably the #1 thing I am looking forward to about not living in a apt. anymore. Only two or three more years.....

Michelle said...

okay girl....you have no idea how much I agree with you. It is probably one of my BIGGEST pet peeves...I also feel totally violated and disturbed when people move my clothes out of the dryer. I mean...VERY disturbed. It would never ever occur to me to take someone else's clothes out of a dryer - some people are crazy and inconsiderate. I'm one girl who knows EXACTLY how you feel and I am just as bugged about it! love you :)

Unknown said...

omg mel - i HATE that!! which was why i always did our laundry at 2am there :). and it's so rude that they threw your stuff in with someone else's.

we miss you guys! come over anytime and we can have eggrolls :).

Jen said...

Yikes,at least they could have folded it!

Both kids messed their pants! That is MY pet peeve.

The Larsen's said...

Yeah I agree with you-GROSS! Someone left their clothes in the washing machine here for three weeks until finally someone moved it to the table, where it sat for another couple weeks. I don't think anyone wanted to touch it here, but they needed the dryer. But, I thought, WOW, Mel only pays $1.25 a load, nice.

The Harrises said...

Eww! Someone touched your undies. Violation citation! I'm sending you $1.25 right now to rewash. Sad about the coin-ops. I thought I was through with them also but they caught up with me in Minnesota! Once you've had your own convenient freedom with the washer and dryer, it will never be the same. Do you really think your clothes get supa' clean after everyone else has used them?

Caroline said...

Ha ha. I hate to admit it but when I lived in the village I was the one taking peoples clothes out of the dryer so I could dry my own. I have a thing for leaving washed clothes wet. If you wait too long then they have to be re-washed. The only difference is usually baskets were left so it was only a matter of one big transfer into a basket. Your story does disturb me though. How did things get mixed up???? Weird.

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

It'll be great to have your own washer. There's nothing like doing one's underwear in one's own underwear, is there?

Heidi said...

Okay...the underwear thing- yuck. And the pooped-their-pants story- hilarious! Sorry about both of them!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA