Wednesday, September 17, 2008

camping in Lake Raystown, PA

Last weekend we had a fabulous camping trip with our great friends...
the Fillmores
(Jess, I thought this was a cute one of you)
the Selanders (I don't have one pic of Theo!)

and the Nadaulds (no pics of Taylor either)
We thought we were going to get rained out so at the last minute we switched to cabins instead of tents and I know the three pregnant women were not too sad about that! Yes, I was the only one not pregnant this trip and I was very impressed with these ladies--considering two of them are due in less than a month!! We had a great time swimming (although I forgot my suit and didn't really swim) and the older boys played "man games" and had "strongest man competitions" after finding a huge cinderblock in the water.
Zanna and James loved playing with Jake, Luke and Theo-- kids are so easy in the great outdoors- bugs, sticks, rocks, fire, snacks, and water and you're set!
We ate tons of s'mores and we even roasted Starbursts and they were delicious (three drips, blow and they're done!) 
We had an awesome breakfast Saturday morning- eggs, hash browns, bacon, fruit and Oj
and then that afternoon the BYU vs. UCLA game was on and we actually got the game on the little TV that was in the cabin- the guys were very happy about that and I had a great nap with the kids- seeing that the game was a total blow-out! Go COUGS!
We are so glad we got to hang out with these guys again- the boys were all roommates at BYU while Dave and I were dating so I always love getting together with them and reminiscing about the good ol' days and chatting with the awesome girls these guys married.  We did a lot of "girl talk" and I loved it!
Thanks for a great trip everyone- can't wait to meet all the additions to your little families!

7 comments:

Eliza said...

It was so fun! I wish we lived closer!!

I have to say I was slightly disappointed Dave didn't get to deliver any babies during the weekend.

Caroline said...

So fun! I love camping trips, even if you do sleep in a cabin. And I agree that kids mix really well with dirt, sticks, fire, sand, etc. They have so much fun!

The Harrises said...

Is that Miss Anndee Heaton/Married name? She is such a good gal and has always been so smart....and she's from St. George....and you know the great peeps coming out of that town.

How fun to be camping and be the only one not pregnant. You sister, are smart as well!

The Thompsons said...

You always have so much fun! When are we going to see you around Hershey again???

Michelle said...

what a fun trip! I miss camping so much! We used to just use all of our parents gear when we'd go in Utah...so it's been a while. cute pics!

Daniel and Emily Munns said...

Thanks for your messages! I love seeing that I'm a "long timer" on your list! It has been a long time! Wish we could get together someday! But love keeping in touch with your life through blogging!

Jessica F. said...

We would love to be roomies again with you guys anytime!!!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA