Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hooray for Pre-K!!













Zanna had an awesome first day of school today and I have to say I held up really well. She has been waiting and waiting for this day and has been telling everyone that she is "starting school when the leaves change color" and "my mom is nervous!"  They had a half day today and she was only gone for two hours- but for some reason I lost it last night as I thought about this being the beginning of sending her away to school every year and loosing that time at home with her.  It made me question all the time I have had with her at home and if I had truly appreciated and made the most of it.  She has always been my little side-kick and I just got that sad "I'm losing her to the world" feeling.  I had a lot of good tears, but I think I got them all out last night, because today was really exciting and just a fun day to celebrate with her.  She and our good friend Jonah are in the same class and get to ride the bus together so that made it even more fun.  We drove the kids to school today and then they rode home on the bus.  Dave and Linda (Jonah's mom) had the afternoon off, so we all went to  Wendy's for lunch to celebrate their big day. It was a great stepping stone day and we are proud of Zanna for being so big! (James brought is backpack for the car ride too- he was a great supporter :)

8 comments:

Jen said...

Reading your post brought back all the memories and feelings last year of sending Kevan off to school. I remember feeling panicked that I hadn't taught him enough values and manners, etc. Zanna is so cute!

Jill said...

Zanna you look beautiful! So do you Melanie! It was so fun to see you!

Michelle said...

what cute pictures. What an exciting day! like I always say...your family is beautiful! love ya!

Caroline said...

Way to go Zanna! I can't believe you get to ride a bus, so cool. I honestly can't believe our kiddos are so big! And your hair looks BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

martieandtom said...

Your glowing pictures show the excitement of your first day of school, Zanna. You are beautiful, and your Mom is beautiful, too! I'm glad you had a wonderful day! Mel, believe it or not, I still can feel those same deep emotions of "letting-go-and-holding-on-at-the-same-time". . . a very weird mix. I'm glad you made it through that process! There will be many more days like this! Love you!

Cheryl said...

Way to go Zanna and way to go Mel! Zanna looks absolutely darling and is sure growing up. We need to catch up...hopefully we can chat soon.

Abs said...

Wow! That is so exciting for Zanna! She looks so grown-up and her hair is so long. I totally love the picture of the two of you. You can tell that you are mother and daughter.

meagan said...

Wow- they grow up fast. Your daughter looks just like you- but blond. What fun!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA