Sunday, September 28, 2008

'sup cuz?

Last week's adventure in the city consisted of my 2 awesome, beautiful cousins, some down-home fried chicken-homemade mac 'n cheese-candied yams- and banana cream pie, and a funny waiter named Nicholas who made our night out!

We picked Holly up at JFK and then took a very long (2 hour) weird route into the city to meet Jess up on 110th and Central Park West. As we were walking up to the cafe we witnessed the tire slashing of a town car by this freaky looking dude, who we quickly ran away from and reported it to the cop sitting on the corner, who said, "ya, ya we'll look into it." (yeah right)
This is Nicholas- he and James bonded that night 'cause when he asked James "how you doing big guy?" James answered, "I speak English!"  James had us all rollin' that night and Nicholas got him extra carrots and put Zanna's coloring picture up in the "gallery" and invited the guests at the cafe to come see her work... cute.

Holly has been living in Connecticut for the last couple of years and it has been awesome to go spend the day with her up there or meet in the city.  The kids loved being with her again-- and we will miss her! 

We dropped Holly back off at the airport where she spent the night before flying out to South Africa where she is moving for a year... or two.  She is so adventurous and I am really happy she is getting to live this dream of hers.  We are so glad we got to spend her last night with her and wish her well in all her adventures.

2 comments:

Dave and Loralee said...

I thought I commented to let you know this, but now I'm thinking I never did it. So I'm letting you know that I finally made that french bread you posted about forever ago and IT WAS AWESOME!!! I felt so proud of myself :)And now I want to make it everyday. Thanks for posting the recipe! :)

Holly Harris Murray said...

Mel, Zanna and James...I couldn't think of a better way in the world to spend my last night in the USA than with you! Thank you so much for getting me to the airport safely and storing the bags...I got here and all is well. I will be sending you pics of my new adventures soon!

Hope you have a most amazing week, thanks for this post...really made me feel special hey!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA