Sunday, July 27, 2008

This was a funny conversation:

Mom: "Zanna, just because James did it, doesn't mean you need to. If James jumped off a cliff, would you jump off a cliff?"

a couple seconds go by...

James (popping his head around the corner): "Mom, what cliff? What CLIFF?? I don't want to jump off a cliff, that's dangerous!"


Dave left for Baltimore today and he will be gone for a MONTH! The kids and I walked him down to the car and it was sad to say good-bye, more sad than I thought it would be. I told him the only good thing about him being gone is that our room won't be freezing cause he always turns the AC up way too high. Although he isn't home that much, it sure makes a difference when I know he's coming home at night, even if it is after the kids go to sleep. I'll probably never make dinner this week and we'll just live in our jammies and play games all day- not really, but that would be fun. We are going out the Utah next Sunday and will be gone for a couple of weeks. We get to see Dave out there for about 24 hours (that's as much time as he could take for the wedding) so we will just have to look forward to that! I love you babe and miss you already!

6 comments:

Keri said...

mel- i would LOVE to meet your kids sometime. every story you tell about them is Hilarious!

Julianne said...

Mel I hope this month goes by fast for you. You are such a trooper. Hopefully comming out to Utah will help a little. If you have a spare moment we should do lunch with Aimee. It would be fun to see upi and your kids.

Holly Harris Murray said...

k, seriously your my fav and so awesome. call me so we can set up a time to play this week. can't wait!

martieandtom said...

Mel,
I,too, am grateful for blogging because we get to read the crazy, hilarious, profound "truisms" from your amazing children. Out of the mouths of babes . . . comes the world's greatest wisdom. Thanks for sharing! Love you! Mom

Life As We Know It! said...

I hope the time flies for you. The longest Mike and I have been apart was for 3 weeks while he got his CDL and we got to see him on the weekends so I can only imagine what it would be like for a whole month and only 24hrs in between. We will be up north on Sunday when you fly in if you feel up to it we should see each other for a minute. Let me know what your plans are.

Mandy said...

James is Hilarious!!! We love that little guy! I'm sorry Dave is gone (and MAC, too;)). Have fun at the wedding, I still want to get together for a beach day!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA