Saturday, July 19, 2008

blogging...

I think the reason blogging has become so popular is because everyone loves to be told they are cool when they do something good, and get sympathy when things go wrong.  We all also love the sometimes instant "comments" after posting and just knowing that someone is listening (reading) and aware of what you are doing is nice.  We've all been told that we should write in a journal, right? well,  this is a way to feel like we are doing that and we get praised for it by people telling us our lives are great, sad, funny, amazing, adventurous, hilarious etc.  I used to wish my life was a movie so that people could see life the way I do-- I think this is a mild form of that and it is fun to know that there are a few people watching this flick! I love getting a peek into your lives and want to say thanks for being my inspiring family and friends- hooray for blogging!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

our blog started out as a travel journal and now we use it to document kyra's development. we feel like such nerds though cause most of our family and friends aren't bloggers - lol :).

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

DITO!

Wendy P said...

I totally agree with you. Another time you said that you think in terms of blogs, and I realized that I totally do that. I make sure we get pictures and try to think about what I will write as an experience happens. I love blog world. It is such a great way to keep in touch with people.

Raegan said...

I couldn't agree with you more Mel! Comments are nice just because it's fun to know someone is paying attention. I love your blog. You always have the cutest pictures and funniest stories! Love 'ya

Cheryl said...

I couldn't have worded it better. Do you know how to print the blogs for a hard copy or is that even possible? I'd like to call it an official journal since I obviously don't keep one but then I guess I would have to blog more often as well. Oops, at least I can finally say I'm doing something! yeah!!!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA