Friday, July 25, 2008

flour girl


Why does Zanna love to eat flour- isn't that weird? Do any of your kids eat flour by the spoonfuls? Whenever I am making something with flour she always wants her own little bowl of it- I guess it's better than a whole bowl of chocolate chips or something, but anyway... I just think she cute with this little quirk of hers ;)



This is the french bread I'm obsessed with making right now. A missionary, Elder Salan, in our ward taught us how to do make it at Enrichment and I've made it A LOT since then for people and just to eat. You have to kneed it for about 20 minutes so I get a good little arm workout, but other than that it is easy and delicious! We made this bread and homemade butter to celebrate Pioneer Day at Young Women's the other night and it was a big hit! One of my goals this summer was to become a better bread maker- so Thank You to Elder Salan for the tips!




3 comments:

The Harrises said...

MMMMMM! That sounds so good right now. Will you post Mr. Elder's recipe?

That is pretty quirky about Zanna's flour happenings. I used to eat brown sugar, but that was sugar. Flours chalky and tasteless. What up.

Liz said...

Yah, I totally need that recipe. I don't know what to tell you about the flour? Isaac loves to dip everything. Cookies in salsa? Atleast he eats right?

Raegan said...

Mel your bread is gorgeous! Brian couldn't quit talking about how pretty it was. He was very impressed with your baking skills! Bake away... better you than me!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA