Thursday, July 31, 2008

lovin' our new neighbors

Stay-at-home moms (SAHM) are hard to come by around here, so you can imagine my joy as the Guymon family moved into the building next door with 3 girls and two awesome adults, one being a SAHM. It is so great to have friends so close and we have already traded babysitting, cooked each other dinner, borrowed drills, spices, etc, they have watched my kids a number of time and have already put them to sleep- no sweat, we've gone to the Beach, Coney Island, music in the park, and a number of BBQ's and Zanna and James, Zanna espcially, loves having girls her age to play/color/dress-up/apply lip gloss with etc. When we first moved here we kept telling Zanna that we would "find" new friends and after a few weeks of not meeting any little girls her age, she said, "where are they, Dad, I just can't find them!" So, now we have found them and every morning she asks if we can play with Bailee and Olivia- thanks for being our great neighbors and friends!


Rachel and I seem to have a lot in common, so much that I had to jot down a few:


1- we both have dark hair
2- we both have been told we look like Jennifer Connelly
3- we both played basketball in high school and love playing sports
4- they drive a minivan and a '97 Nissan Altima, we also drive a minivan and '97 Nissan Altima
5- both our husbands are residents
6-we both have brothers named Brett
7- we both get headaches a lot
8- we both love to exercise and do the double jogger thing
9- our kids have have had similar eating struggles
10- we own a lot of the same movies
11- they went to BYU, as did we
12- she is easy going about switching car seats, taking 5 kids to the park etc.- just chill like that
13- our blogs had the same backgrounds when we first met
14- we both attended our first belly dancing class tonight! (it was Friends and Family night, so she came to check out the gym and after that class I don't know if she'll come back- actually it was a lot of fun and a can't wait to get a jingle belt!)
15- our styles of cooking are similar and our desire to cook is similar as well
16- they also believe in the saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure" :)

...there are more similarities, and of course many differences, but I will leave it at this- it's a little weird, eh?

Since Dave has been gone so much lately, I have been "third wheelin'" with them and Jim is always so nice to stay with the kids so that we can both get a break- so I just want to say THANKS and Yay for our new friends!







6 comments:

vickersfam said...

Hey Melanie, I just found your blog through the Sperry's, through Lindsay Eldredge Robbins. I love your family picture up top. It's fun to see some of the things you've been up to. Beautiful family and you look great! I hope you're happy and enjoying life.
Love, Natalie Hill Vickers

Raegan said...

I'm glad Zanna found her girls! They are a great family. I need to get to know them a little bit better! It was fun hanging out at the park together! I tagged you on my blog. Check it out!

Caroline said...

So cute, and fun! I love having someone to trade babysitting with and so close! That's crazy there are so many similarities. How many people drive a '97 Altima?

Also I can 't wait to try the recipes, especially the zucchini bread. I remember how good that was!

The Thompsons said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad that you have new fun friends!!!

Natalie said...

Mel I am so so happy for you. That was Laura's big thing when we moved as well. When am i going to have friends to play with? I live in mini Utah so SAHM are more then the norm. That is going to make life In New York so great now that you have someone to share it with!

Sharon and Spencer said...

I know what you mean about finding that perfect friend that you can do everything with. You are so lucky! Funny, people have told me I look like Jennifer Connely too! I wish I could live by you and hang out all the time! I don't know how you do everything with a resident husband who is always gone. Good friends are a must.

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA