Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the gals of NY

We had a little birthday lunch for some of the gals at Lourdes'
and it was so fun to all get together. We made homemade pizza, salad and of course had cake and ice cream-- delish!
Raegan, Julie, Lourdes, Me (the giant, I had big sandals on) Afton and Cindy
don't worry, I shared
nothing better than lunch with the gals
close-ups are Afton's favorites :)

A week after this lunch a bunch of us ran a 4-mile race in Central Park
I thought it was going to dump rain on us, but it turned out to be a great day for running-nice and cool, but not too cold! Bob Harper from "The Biggest Loser" was there too, cool eh?
the ladies after the race
Julie, Afton, Cindy, Rachel and Me
our friend Will (Afton's hubby) was so nice to watch my kids during the race- James made a new buddy and invited Will over to our house for a "dance party"... who knows?
my little fans
all the runners- Jeremy was the lone man!

We celebrated our day of fitness with a trip to "Serendipity" for HUGE sundaes and probably double the calories that we burned! It was a a great day in the city and I love these pals. We have always been lucky to have such great friends wherever we go- thanks guys!

4 comments:

The Harrises said...

Well, I should like to meet these ladies. Looks like fun.

Abs said...

Sounds like a great day to me: eat, run, and eat some more!

Michelle said...

hhmm...that's the costco cake, right? I'd know that cake a mile away! isn't that sad? what a fun party, and nice job on the run! I am so out of shape. I'm trying to get my endurance back! you're so cute.

Cheryl said...

Way to go girl as always! I especially love the sundae to celebrate the race! plans are up in the air but I'm curious to know if you are staying in NY for thanksgiving?

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA