Thursday, September 10, 2009

Finally...our first day of school!

outside our apt. door
little miss kindergarten
who's in Pre-K now? eh?
walking to the car- I did not tell them to do this...they actually do it all the time
in front of the school-- there was a loud jackhammer across the street :)
James' first day at Parkville- we love this little school.
James wanted to walk to his classroom by himself so I let him be a 'big guy' and stood outside the door and listened to him show his teacher all of his new school supplies in his backpack when he walked in... he was very excited and it was fun to spy on him for a minute from the hallway
they came home on the bus as happy as they left
my mom sent a flower cupcake pan so we made first-day-of-school treats when they got home- James wanted to take a picture of me
they didn't quite "pop" right out of the pan (it was a silicone pan) like the directions said, but we had fun decorating them anyway :)
it was a highly successful "first day"
-they were very happy
-I got a lot done in those two hours (it was a short day)
and we ate treats- what could be better?



Here's Zanna's music video on the way to school!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

that is one of the greatest posts! they are so dang cute! How fun that his pre-school is at her elementary! Is he there all day? I love that their backpacks are as big as they are, and that they hold hands everywhere. I can just imagine what an emotional day it was! and the jack-hammer - don't you love city livin! I am always reaching into the stroller to cover up my little babies ears when the fire trucks and ambulances are constantly driving by every time we go outside. oh - and the cupcakes look delish!

Anonymous said...

you are all so cute!

Daniel and Emily Munns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel and Emily Munns said...

Melanie... Such cute kids! James is Dave's little mini-me for sure!! I can't believe how old they are. You were pregnant with Zanna the last time I saw you!! It goes by quick!

The Harrises said...

Well congrats to sending them off to school. Do you feel like you have loads of time, not enough time? We'll have to catch James dance later--I was really looking forward to it. You look like my friend Betty, last name Crocker, making those cupcakes. I was trying to figure out what those flower/vase figures were in the reflection of your mirror. (i know I sound like I'm prying, but what are they)

Abs said...

What are you going to do all day now? Love, love, love Zanna's dance in her car seat.

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA