Sunday, September 6, 2009

dumplings, tennis and such

A couple weeks ago we had a little surprise visit from Mike (dave's bro) and Amanda (his cute pregnant wife). We went to dinner at Joe's Shanghai Restaurant in Flushing to try their famous soup dumplings and they were worth the drive- even with no A/C!
(to Mandy: if you are reading this I am SO SORRY that we didn't know about this place earlier- you would have loved it and it was 1000 times better than the chinese food we ate in Queens!!)

doesn't mike look good in those aviators? haha:)
dave showing us the slurping technique to get the most out of these delicious soup dumplings
The kids LOVE these guys and we felt pretty lucky that they decided to sleep over and hang out with us for the day. We got some of our favorite pizza for lunch at Gino's the next day and they were on their way-- thanks for coming guys, hopefully we'll see you soon!
Rachel and I hanging out on the North Shore Beach- do you like my sweet, pink, plastic visor?
It was HOT and it's all I had...
Last week we had a girl's beach day at Jones Beach and Julie was awesome at playing with my kids while I had a little nap- sweet castle.
The kids and I went into the city to help a sister in our ward and while we were waiting for her we met Jess for lunch (more pizza) and then headed up to Central Park. We found lots of big sticks and had fun on some new trails we had never been on.
A nice man offered to take our picture.
I was in a bad mood that day so on the way home I also bought two new pairs of shoes- they were on sale and actually comfortable for my bad feet!

Maria Sharapova- so loud, but awesome to watch!

Last Tuesday we got HOOKED UP by my cousin Jess with tickets to the U.S. Open!!
Our cool friends, the Vancours, came and stayed with the kids and we had a GREAT night out!
Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing Meadows- it is a beautiful stadium...if you can use the word beautiful for a stadium
We also saw Andy Murray play and win. One of the ball boys fell over the wall when going for a ball and they kept replaying it on the big screen. It was pretty hilarious but the poor kid was mortified!
me, Jess (cuz) and Jess (roommate)
Very cool NY experience and one that I won't forget- thanks Jess!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

how fun! I love all of your NY experiences! I need to get my butt up there!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA