Thursday, July 2, 2009

Joy School Grads

James and Olivia are now masters in the following:
The Joy of the Body 
The Joy of the Earth 
The Joy of Honesty and Candor 
The Joy of Communication and Relationships 
The Joy of Sharing and Service 
The Joy of Goal Striving 
The Joy of Obedience and Decisions 
The Joy of Interest and Curiosity 
The Joy of Spontaneous Delight 
The Joy of Trust and Confidence 
The Joy of Individual Confidence and Uniqueness 
The Joy of Imagination and Creativity 
The Joy of Family Security, Identity, and Pride 


If you have any questions about JOY, talk to these two kids- they know their stuff!

James and Olivia with their self-portraits made at Joy School
Rachel and I loved being their teachers and are so proud of all they learned.


We will really miss having Olivia over at our house all the time for Joy School.
Congratulations James and Olivia- you are unique and special kids!

I've posted about Joy School before, but I can't say enough good about it and would recommend it to any parents who would like to do a preschool program at home with other parents.  The lessons, crafts, songs, handouts, ideas etc. are all done for you- you just have to spend a small amount of time preparing and have fun with it! You pay for the use of the program once, but it is not much compared to paying for preschool, and then you have access to the materials for life. I loved the time with the kids and didn't mind the break when I wasn't teaching :)

Here is the website: www.valuesparenting.com
feel free to call or email me if you have any questions about how to get started



1 comment:

Chris and Suzette said...

I did the Joy School program with both of my boys and I LOVED it! Some of it was a little cheezy and a little out-dated, but it was easy enough to update.

I am wanting to find a group here to for this upcoming year to do with my girls. Wish you were closer so we could do it together! I can't believe how big they are all getting. I remember 4 years ago this month laying around in the hospital on bed-rest with my girls sooo jealous that you got to come in and have James and then leave and I was still there. So glad that chapter of my life is done :)

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA