Thursday, March 5, 2009

i am a lucky lady

I think this will be my last little excursion for a while, but I just got back from a quick, wonderful weekend in Utah to be apart of little Isaiah's blessing last Sunday.

I couldn't get enough of this little guy and loved the outfit his Grandma knitted for him for the blessing- he is one month old and just a great little baby.
Matt and Courtnee are one of those couples that just make you happy to be with- they are so loving and calm and silly and I was so glad to be there with them.
My little brother gave a beautiful blessing to his son and I just have to say- I love this kid and have always been so lucky to have him as my little bro. 
I went without the kids and it was nice to be able to hang out with my family- all my siblings were there, except our oldest brother Tom and we really missed him and his family. This picture is taken in Mindy's beautiful, newly remodled house- they did an amzing job! Mindy and Andrea are both expecting so "baby" was in the air this trip :)
The new little family that made this all happen.

I also got to have a fun breakfast with Rach (we had the best White Chocolate, Macadamia Nut Pancakes and The Original Pancake House in Sugarhouse) and have a great chat with Kurt and Jean.  I surprised Caroline and Aimee with a little visit too and was so lucky to catch everyone at home.  Bryce and I went for a really fun bike ride and all my family went to "Taco Time" for old time's sake :) I had lunch at Rumbi's but sadly, never got to Cafe Rio.  Unfortunately, we almost all caught a "bug" or got "food poisoning" and I got really sick and threw up right before my red-eye flight home on Monday night. It was a pretty awful flight and I was very happy to get home to my bed. 

In closing, I want to thank my supportive husband Dave (who said I live like a rock-star with all my vacations) and my AWESOME neighbors, the Guymons, for making this all possible!! I owe them big and couldn't have done this without them! Love ya!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ok, I think you've set an all time record!!! Glad u had an amazing time.

Jessica F. said...

I LOVE baby blessings, they are the best! Oh for family!!!!

Manda said...

No Cafe Rio? Ok, our jealousy has subsided enough that we don't hate you anymore. he he.

So, the Apple Blossom Festival is April 24 - May 3... However... Mike's Finals are May 4-8. So, he is going to be pretty much absent for those whole two weeks. If you guys want to come down and hang out with just me that would be fun, otherwise, maybe you we could all hang out when finals are over?

Natalie said...

That looks like so much fun. I don't know if my family would even want me if I didn't bring my kids. That looks like a lot of fun. I especially loved seeing you pictures of your kids skiing. I am excited to teach our kids to ski as well.

goldmania said...

HOw great to get some time for yourself. :) Sorry about the getting sick part though.

Caroline said...

Thanks for the surprise visit! It made my day. Your family looks so awesome, I'm glad you got to hang out and bond with your little nephew. Sorry about getting sick right before your flight home. No fun!

Eliza said...

You do live like a rock star! Hooray for vacations. I am SO sorry about your sick flight home. I have gotten on a plane while still in the throes of food poisoning and it is absolutely NO fun. I hope you are feeling better!

Raegan said...

Someone has to be a rockstar! Glad it's you... Live it to the fullest!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA