Friday, March 27, 2009

tip of the day...

On Tuesday I unfortunately had to go to court to argue 2 parking tickets- one for parking on the wrong side of the street, on the wrong day, in the wrong month, in the wrong time of day, in the wrong time zone etc... (those signs are ridiculous and I didn't see it until it was too late) and one for not having a front plate on the van.
Anyway, they said to come early to get a spot for court, but Dave got home late so I didn't get there when I wanted do. By the time I got there at 6:30, there weren't even any seats left and the guys in charge were saying we could be there until 9:30!
Dave and the kids were at a friends' house up the road from the courthouse for dinner and I was hungry and sad that I wouldn't get to hang out with them.
So- here's where it gets good- the court started and a lady went up first who had her daughter with her. After she went, the prosecutor asked if there was anyone else with children because they could come up first--the lightbulb went on.
I called Dave right away and said, "I need a kid, bring one of them down right away!!"
We decided James might bring on more sympathy (he's younger and had a big bandage on his head) and 3 minutes after he got there we were talking to the prosecutor, I got my tickets reduced and I was on my way to our friends- it was BEAUTIFUL!
So, moral of the story, always take your child to court and if you don't have one- borrow one!

Thanks James!! 

This is the tracing we made of James at Joyschool this week- I love the spiked, rainbow hair and the green and brown fingers :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

that is so funny! Lucky that they were just up the street! and the bandage on the head makes it even funnier! good tip!

Martie said...

I always knew having kids was the best thing ever, but yours is a new "perk!" Thanks for sharing. Love you!

Caroline said...

Awesome! Way to go James! I love his life-size drawing, the colored hair is awesome.

Cheryl said...

I used to think they would always help when you got pulled over for speeding but that theory went right out the door a few weeks ago on the way to gymnastics with 4 kids in the car! thanks for the tip I haven't tried the court thing yet and I'm glad you got your dinner too!!!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA