Saturday, March 21, 2009

James in the ED AGAIN!



Last Sunday we had Jess and her boys over for dinner and it was a blast. Everyone was laughing and doing stupid human tricks and it was just a great dinner
and then...
Dave took the kids up to the roof to see the sunset and came back with a screaming, bloody faced little boy.  He had tripped with his hands in his jacket pockets and hit is head on a vent.
So, we took another little walk down the hill to the ED and Dave and the amazing Plastic Surgeon put James' forehead back together with about 30 stitches.
The cut was vertical but they were actually able to flip it so it is now horizontal and the scar will be less noticeable and go inline with the brow lines. I was amazed that they could do that and I also almost passed out :) Between the staples last year and this I am learning how weak-stomached I really am.
James did an AMAZING job and just laid really still and was so calm about it all. He got all his hospital stickers, 0h- and of course was dressed like Spiderman for the night 
(he really wears this almost everyday).
He thinks he is pretty tough now and the scar is looking good. 
I'm afraid to say this probably isn't the last post about James and the hospital adventures...

7 comments:

Jules said...

My absolute favorite part of this post is the look on Dave's face in the first picture. Classic.

Manda said...

James is so tough! This reminds me of my childhood and all the time we spent in hospitals and emergency rooms with my accident prone siblings :)

Jessica F. said...

What a little tough guy! I also loved the look on Dave's face in the first pic...so classic!

We are pumped to come up this weekend!!!

Julianne said...

Oh Mel, I am so sorry. I am sure you are happy that Dave is a Dr. It is comming in handy huh? James is such a tough guy!

Cheryl said...

UNBELIEVABLE! glad it went ok and wasn't worse. Pretty cool to see Dave in action.

Raegan said...

That boy loves a good fall! I'm glad to see he's doing okay and still in one piece!

Heidi said...

Love the post! Poor James...maybe he and Maddie were "falling friends" in heaven. She's had a couple of trips to Dallon's stitching station, too.

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA