Friday, February 20, 2009

A weekend in the Adirondacks

The kids' first time on a frozen lake - Friends Lake- it was beautiful!
they loved the cabin and got to sleep in their own little loft
Our friend Tim's cabin- it was so cozy (once we got the fire going!)
and fun to just cuddle with my kiddos
James thought it was pretty funny to be wearing tights under his snow pants.
One night we put Zanna's stretch pants under his jeans and when we got home he said, "can I take these girl pants off now?" 
 being dogs on the lake
First Time Skiers- I loved their little skies and was so excited for them to try something new
Dave was a great teacher on the slopes and it was just a really cool day since teaching his kids to ski is something he's always looked forward to doing

We got to ride the Lift to the top of the mountain and back down- 
it was Valentine's Day!
Gabe, Dave and Tim eating those nasty mallow burgers just for kicks
Nothing like sledding down pure ice!
the fam after sledding
Main Street Soda Fountain in Chestertown, NY
(we didn't order any soda, so when we left Zanna said, "when are we going to the SODA fountain?!)
we still love Hershey's!
the frozen Hudson- this picture doesn't even come close to showing how beautiful it was

I wish I had a better video of James- they both did great and had a lot of fun!

7 comments:

Jill said...

I miss you! We need to talk on the phone sometime. James looks so old, he is such a cute little man!

Cheryl said...

Dude! Do you ever stop? One weekend home and then out there again. I'm impressed. Looks like a blast.

Meagan said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I'm so jealous you got to go skiing. Miss you!

Raegan said...

That picture of James in tights is totally going to make it into the wedding video some day! Love it!

Manda said...

Wow. Fun! We're Jealous. Hope we get to see you guys soon.

Abs said...

I really don't know how in the world you guys find time to do so many fun things! Tell Dave I'm impressed. Whenever Justin isn't working he just wants to stay home and veg and catch up on his reading. What's your secret?

The Harrises said...

That looks like a blast of a vacay! Mat just asked what I was watching and I said,, "Oh Dave was teaching the kids how to ski." His reply, "I've always wanted to teach my kids how to ski!" I laughed because they share a common desire. Have fun in Utah. We got back Saturday night and didn't end up coming up north except for our 2 1/2hour layover in the SLC airport. Don't tell me you were there on Saturday!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA