Monday, February 9, 2009

West Palm Beach in January- what could be better?



Yes, I have definitely been spoiled this year with trips to warm beautiful places (cruise to Mexico, Dominican Republic, and now West Palm Beach, FL) and I am getting addicted!
The Alsop family graciously invited us to meet them at their beach condo for a few days and we pretty much hung out at the pool and beach for 4 days straight. The kids were little fish and Zanna learned to jump off the side and swim and everyone learned to do the "dead man's float." We also enjoyed smoothies at the Ritz pool, collecting sea glass, eating at The Cheesecake Factory, dancing to the band at the outdoor mall, getting to know little Lexi again (we bonded this trip") staying up late chatting and seeing the kids happily reunited again! Skylar was so nice to entertain the kids and give Cheryl and I time to talk and relax. I could not get over how beautiful the beach and palm trees were and the fact that they were across the street made is even better! THANK YOU for being great friends and hostesses and I just wish Dave could have been there with us. Zanna collected lots of shells and rocks for him, and that almost made up for it :) We love you Alsop family and hope we can do it again sometime!

7 comments:

Eliza said...

It looks so fun! We're going to FL in just a few weeks--I have never been. Actually we haven't even bought our plane tickets yet (we have miles to use up before April) and haven't decided where in FL we're going exactly. Anyway I am looking forward to warmer weather, big time!

Michelle said...

what an amazing trip! A single lady that we are good friends with at church has a condo in West Palm Beach and is practically begging us to go stay there. I'm glad you had such a fun trip. Your kids look so happy swimming around! how fun!

Jessica F. said...

Totally jealous!!!

Daniel and Emily Munns said...

So sad you were so close and I didn't see you! Anytime you want to do a fun Florida vacation again you better stay with me!! We are closer to Orlando so you could do the whole Disney thing!! Sound tempting?

Abs said...

I so need a vacation like that. How fun to hang out with the Alsops! It looks like you guys had a great time.

Cheryl said...

Way to be on the ball and get your post up....can we go back now...i'm ready. I love your montage. sorry I didn't get my pictures to you yet but you got some awesome ones! Thanks again for coming. I just loved hanging out and Ky was on cloud nine with Zanna. Man we've got some cute kids! :) :)

Dave and Loralee said...

soooooo lucky to be in the beautiful SUNSHINE! And I have to tell you, you're such a good mom-I was listening to the dialogue in the little video clips and you were so encouraging and excited for zanna jumping off the side :)
hope the rest of the winter flies by for you!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA