Thursday, January 15, 2009

"can't we just talk?"

Just a little story: the other night James couldn't sleep because he had an itchy rash so I went into his room to lay with him to try to help him fall asleep.  I sang him a  song and right after I finished he looked at me and said, "mom, can't we just talk?"  I could've been sad that he didn't like my singing, but I was actually really happy that he wanted to chat and I could tell he was really happy to have me there. We talk about Power Rangers, going to school next year, and spiderman- it was a very deep chat:) I am grateful for my kids and for the little expressions of love they give me everyday that make all the day-to-day chores a little easier.  I am a lucky mom.

4 comments:

aubs said...

you are such a lucky mom and your kids are so lucky to have such a great mom. I love reading the cute and hilarious things that they say.

Anonymous said...

so cute!!

Lindsey said...

I don't even know who you are....how creepy is THAT!? But I saw your comment on Meredith's blog (my sister) and was bored, so I checked you out. :)

I won't stalk you- promise. I just had to comment to tell you that all your kid quotes on the sidebar are HILARIOUS!!! I could not stop laughing. I love it. They are so creative. Cute kids, too!

Jessica F. said...

He is SUCH a little cutie!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA