Sunday, October 5, 2008

BEARS ANYONE?






                                                 Last week the kids were out of school so we headed up to Bear Mountain State Park with our friends the Hartricks and the Guymons.  It was only about an hour northwest of us and such a great, beautiful hidden secret of a place. It has two beautiful big mountains, a lake, a pool, a zoo, and playground- I think you can even camp up there.  The best part is that everything is FREE and they really have bears. The worst part was that my kids are probably some of the most fall-prone kids I know and they both biffed it at least twice and Jonah- the cute little guy I watch- fell twice too, so needless to say there were a lot of tears and band-aids goin' on.  Despite all the first-aid, we had a great day in the "mountains" and want to go back up when the leaves are changing- it's gonna be GORGEOUS!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

that was so fun! I'm glad I can steal your pics since I forgot my camera. By the way, I love the kids' sayings on the sidebar, hilarious!

The Gatherum Family said...

Okay, I have to come out of the blurking closet. I grew up w/Dave and went to school with him-he's a great guy as you know, and your little family is adorable. Anyways, just thought I'd fess up that I found your blog a while back and I enjoy catching up on what you guys are up to. K, I feel much better now :) Adrian (Thomas) Gatherum

Sharon and Spencer said...

Hi Melanie,
How are you? I love all the funny comments your kids say! It is so pretty where you live! I miss the mountains and GREEN.

Lynsie and Joey said...

Hey Mel, Thanks for the sweet comment on our blog. I just hope my family can be as cute and funny as yours--you'll have to give me tips. Give your fam our love!

Raegan said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm sorry I missed it! We'll have to try to do it again sometime1

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA