Sunday, August 2, 2009

July Happenings...lots of photos

Lake George Trip
(we went last year too and I would love to go every year if I could!)

the resort (that we didn't stay at this year, but it's so pretty)
James' real birthday was on this trip- so we lived it up!
at Tim's cabin on Friend's Lake
(this is where we stayed when we took the kids skiing in february)
this time the lake wasn't frozen- it was beautiful!!
I hadn't swam in a lake for a while and I forgot how fun it it, I took some time to just chill out on the dock and relax.
we got rained on while in the rowboat, but it was a fun adventure
on the way to dinner we just couldn't pass up this bakery we walked past
the ECLAIRS were the best I've ever had- I told Dave I wanted to bring some home in my purse, but it didn't quite work out
music in the park in the cute town of Lake George Village
The Mooney's Cabin- thanks for another great stay!
4th of July fireworks over the water in Glen Cove
the BBQ before the fireworks- Zanna with Rachel and Cindy
i just really like this one.
we got to go see the Guymon's at their new house and the kids just picked right up- we miss having them so close!
I rented a ballet video from the library and Zanna has done it almost every day- it's pretty cheesey, but I love watching these guys get dressed up and dance, dance, dance
James' first day in a suit- pretty handsome
everyone needs a pair of these
the beach park in Port Washington- we tried going to a free concert at the pool, but it was REALLY lame so we headed to the park and played instead
$5 drawings-- we couldn't pass it up!
Broadway (the street in NYC) is closed to cars for the summer and they've put chairs everywhere and everyone can just walk on the road or sit and relax...Zanna took advantage

we met Jess at TGIFriday's for traditional birthday dinner and a sleepover -- it was a memorable night, as always, and so fun to see her again!
Manhasset's "child safety day"- games, prizes, face painting, italian ices and all! 

and of course LOTS of ICE CREAM this month...with sprinkles :)

I know it looks like all we've done is play, but I didn't want to post pictures of us cleaning the toilets, sweating, sitting in time out, doing a lot of dishes, and doing all sorts of church work.

It was a GREAT month though and we are excited for August and visits from Dave's fam- yeah!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

hey girl...i love all the pics! The one of your cute little kids all dressed up is so adorable! What a fun July!

Martie said...

LOVE the pictures, Mel! Thanks for continuing to share them! They make me feel a bit closer to you guys. Mom

The Larsen's said...

I love that spiderman showed up to do ballet!! How cute.

Raegan said...

How fun! I love Lake George too! Brian and I have some of our favorite memories there. It's good to be home and I'm glad you guys are STILL here!

Anonymous said...

The kids are so big and so adorable!! Love the new suit!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA