Friday, August 21, 2009

sum-sum-summertime

Nickerson Beach, Long Island

this is to prove that I do actually get in the water, despite what you may hear from Dave!

Swim caps for everyone! We watched the Guymon kiddos while their parents did a triathlon and the kids loved their new wardrobe addidtions.
We had a GREAT visit from Aunt Rach and KK and spent some HOT days in the city. These girls can shop!! We didn't really take too many pictures, but we loved having them here and want them to come back soon...
While the girls were shopping, we hung out in Dillions Candy Bar with some dippped chocolate treats--- so tasty!
We bowled with some friends last week and ZANNA had the high score for our family... we all even had bumpers the whole time. I was very ashamed of my game as I pride myself on being a decent bowler, but at least my girl can bowl!
Dave and I had a night out with some other Residents at a Mexican restaurant ¡Vamos! in the city. Dave was trying so hard to keep his eyes open in this picture...not too bad :)
Our friends, the Hartricks, invited us to a Brooklyn Cyclones game and we had a BLAST! I hadn't been to a baseball game in a long time and it was the kids first time. We got hooked up with hats, towels and dinner before the game and there was an awesome Fireworks show after the game- so cool. The field is down at Coney Island and it was just a really fun night- I wish Dave could have been with us!
gummi worms and Boston Baked Beans
the Hartrick Clan

sixth inning

watching fireworks
On Monday we did some big time shopping for school supplies and gear and came home with the kids' new shin guards (Zanna's are pink-- so cute) for soccer this Fall. They have worn them everyday on our errands and have been practicing in the hall when it's too hot to play outside. This picture cracks me up 'cause they are trying to be so tough- I think James feels more like a super hero, but whatever works to get them excited!
Zanna got this little Sunflower plant from school in a milk carton and now look at it!! She has watered it all summer and it just opened up this week and we were so EXCITED-- i think I was a little more excited than she was :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

what fun pictures! I love the pose that James is making at the beach. It totally reminds me of Damon, and what a freakin' awesome sunflower! Damon brought a plant home from pre-school...and it grew and grew, then i went to the hospital to have a baby, and something happened to the plant...it just stopped growing. hhmmm...seems a little odd right? haha. I love the update!

Wendy P said...

It looks like a fun summer, and I guess it is your last on in NY. Your family is so cute. I can't beleive what a big girl Zanna has grown into, I guess that is what happens when you don't see someone for 4 years! It had been crazy coming back to Hershey, all the little kids grew up!

goldmania said...

looks like so much fun. We miss you guys. :)

Caroline said...

I love the huge sunflower! Awesome job.

Rachel said...

sa-weet hats yo. :) im diggin 'em

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA