Saturday, June 21, 2008

"May I?"

For the last year or so we have been watching some of my favorite classic movies- "The Sound of Music", "The Music Man", "Mary Poppins" etc.  Zanna and James love them and are constantly saying lines from the movies or imitating the characters.  
Zanna is really into using the term "may I" instead of "can I" and loves it when I say, "yes, you may."
James tries but it  usually comes out as "may I can I have some noodles..." or "may I, can I go to the bathroom?" I think he thinks I am "May I." It's pretty funny.
They love to dance like the Von Trapp children on "The Sound of Music" and Zanna often gets behind James and pops out saying "just popping out to say 'tutoo' (cuckoo)!" Her "c's" are still "t's" but she is getting better.

Here is a little video of them doing "do re mi"- it's classic!



11 comments:

The Thompsons said...

That video is awesome!! They know it really well!! I love old movies...I should introduce my girls to some of the classics!

The Thompsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

that video was so cute. They are so funny. Damon heard the video and ran over and said "MY FRIENDS!". hes climbing all over me right now so i can play thea video again. so cute.

Eliza said...

So cute. I love it.

The Sound of Music is my favorite movie...if you didn't know. Unfortunately I never saw it until I was about 10 years old. I am pretty sure I've made up for it by watching it a few times a year since then.

Cheryl said...

LOVE IT!!!! sure miss you. of course I'm checking this after Ky has gone to bed so I'm sure we will be back on tomorrow!

Natalie said...

That is the most amazing kid video I have ever seen! What a little super stars you have!

Jessica F. said...

I LOVE it!

Caroline said...

Fun! We love movies like that too but need to check out music man. You should add Singing in the Rain to your list, Owen loves it.

Caroline said...

btw in March your kiddos wanted me to sing that to them every nap and night

Mandy said...

That's hilarious! I love Zanna's dramatic pauses and James' interesting lyrics. They'll have their own "broadway review" show in Vegas some day.:)

Lourdes and family said...

You have two actors. They are
great entertainers.
I really enjoy all the pics and
videos.

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA