Tuesday, June 17, 2008

feeling the blues

I need help. I am suffering from post-vacation blues and it is bad this time. I had to drive into the city tonight and I hated ALL the traffic and lights and people!!! I just wanted to be back in Island Park looking for moose or able to just walk to a park, without having to cut through huge Macy's parking lot to get to some swings.  I am probably sounding bratty, but I have officially decided that I am not a New York girl and will try happily to get the most out of it while I am here, but look forward to more open spaces some day.  I definitely have good days and bad days, but I guess I am just feeling the negativity right now and need to get out of my funk.  any good ideas???

7 comments:

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

Move to Maryland? :)
Amber

Hansen Family said...

Mel its hard to tell you how to feel. I live in open spaces but still feel that way sometimes. Hang in there and remember 2 more years to go.

goldmania said...

I'm with ya sister. Like the previous comment, I lived in a small town before and got completely bored sometimes and felt blue. Sometimes we get finally get the greener grass and then the neighbor gets a huge pool and a tree that grows chocolate!! We'll just have to play, lots! (And eat chocolate of course)

The Harrises said...

Pollyanna likes to play the glad game.
I usually pop in a movie for the kids and tell them not to bother me until I sleep off this slump. Wearing black speeds things up too.

Cheryl said...

COME TO HERSHEY!!! we will welcome you with open arms any time.

Jill said...

Melanie! Sorry we didn't get to see you. We are moving into our house next week...please call me next time you come to Utah!

Dave and Loralee said...

AMEN!! Do you know where you're moving when you're done? We have an idea of where we want to go, so it helps me to look at pictures of where we want to live...a lot. like at least everyday. or I look online at houses in the west and dream of having walls that are smooth and floors that don't creak. That's what gets me through the gloom and feeling of claustrophobia! Good luck!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA