Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tuesday Treat Day!

when i was in middle school my mom taught piano lesson to a lot of my friends.  so, every tuesday after school we would all walk home together and my mom would always have a treat waiting for us. sometimes it was fresh baked bread (and yes, Heather, she did grind her own wheat sometimes) or her delicious little chocolate chip cookies, but usually it was some kind of rice crispy treat- cheerio treats, cornflake treats- same recipe different cereal.  It may sound funny, but I loved them. i made cheerio treats the other day when our friends were here and they loved them.  i have actually almost eaten the whole pan by myself, Dave thinks they are weird and confusing, but I can't get enough!  so, really what I want to say is that my mom is awesome! my friends and I would all be outside jumping on the trampoline and she would just call out the window for the next person's lesson.  we ate treats, played, and jumped- which help kids want to come to piano lessons and we were all in a good safe place.  She did so many fun things for us growing up and I will always remember "tuesday TREAT day" as a fond memory.  I love my mom very much and feel her amazing influence in my life everyday. thanks mom.

1 comment:

martieandtom said...

Mel,
Thank you so much for sharing this special memory. It takes me back to those sweet years in Pullman WA where a big part of my heart still resides. I love you. Please keep sharing these memories. It is helping me get ready to write a personal history when I retire (or sooner!).
Love, Mom

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA