Monday, May 5, 2008

a kid update



Zanna: She is very into flexing her muscles for me and often answers my questions with a good flex of the right bicep. Tonight I was telling her that I wasn't very happy with how she was acting at dinner- she said, "well, you're happy when I'm strong" and she preceeded to go around the house lifting things that were "heavy" to show me how strong she is! It was very funny- I guess she's right... I am happy when she's strong :)

James: He is out of diapers!!!!! It is awesome...oh wait- he's calling! Okay I'm back- successful potty moment. I thought boys would be trickier, but I think it is actually easier because it is so easy to "wipe" and he is already standing up! So, I no longer have to factor diapers into the budget and that feels very good after 41/2 years! Way to go James! (the only downfall of all this is all the potty talk around the house now- he calls himself the poop-master- oh boys!)

5 comments:

Abs said...

I bet Zanna just wants to show that she is tough like her mom, so she flexes her muscles. That is very cute. Yeah for James being potty trained!! I really would love to get to that point with Izzy. I try to set her on the potty and she flips out.

Michelle said...

that's hilarous...poop master! Just last Thursday Damon also decided he was done with diapers...it was just like it clicked in his little brain...and now he's totally potty trained! What cute little guys! Zanna is so cute.

martieandtom said...

Mel
You are the mother of two very remarkable children "A Strong Woman" and a "Bowel Master." I love them and YOU! Keep up the good work!

The Harrises said...

Well, well, well, Mr. James is the big potty man now. Congrats to you! #2 you did it! Keep us post on Zanna's latest lifts.

Holly Harris Murray said...

yay for muscles and potty training. I bet you don't know what to do withyourself now that he's finished with that! Outings must be SO much easier. I've got to work on Marshall!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA