Monday, December 3, 2007

Mr. James


Zanna's fortune from her cookie:
"Today, your mouth might be moving but no one is listening."

Applicable to me with this guy:
"James come here." Stare.
"Come here, please" Stare.
"James, COME HERE." James cries.

This is typical- he's a sensitive guy inside, but tough as nails outside!

This week consisted of some head trauma for the poor boy.

Wednesday night: Dave was carrying James up the stairs of the Metro station and tripped-- Dave quickly turned his body and landed hard on his shoulder but not without James' nose hitting the concrete stair- INSTANT blood, a good scrape and some swelling. He survived with the promise of egg rolls for dinner (he's crazy about them!)

Thursday night: I'm cleaning up the kitchen at church at the end of Enrichment and hear a loud thud and a scream no one wants to hear. James has just fallen off the stage in the gym and his holding his head- very scary for me and I felt so bad and queasy about it all night. Dave checked it out at home and I almost threw up watching Dave push on his face, checking for fractures. I learned my lesson that night.

Friday night: We are having a blast at Hershey Park and Dave gives James a shoulder ride for fun. We got into a shop to warm up and on the way out, BAM! James' head hits the door frame- I mean, COME ON!!! Luckily he had a hat on, but he still got a good blue/purple welt.

Today: We got downstairs to do laundry and of course Marie and the stroller come too. James runs past me, full speed, slips on some liquid detergent and whams is head into the industrial washer. I was so frustrated!!!!!! I felt so bad that he was hurt, but I just couldn't take it anymore. So, after consoling him for a while and holding a cold, wet paper towel to his dented head (right behind his ear) I get up to finish putting the clothes in. The next thing I know, James is SCREAMING while holding the bottle of oxyclean. That's right, he picked it up and sprayed it directly into his eye! I didn't say a word, just flushed, flushed, flushed- took him upstairs and tied him to his bed with pillows duct taped around him to break his next fall. He is still there...

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Poor little James!! I hope he is okay. But honestly Jeff and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. :)

Eliza said...

Seriously...so funny and sad at the same time!! Times like this that you are probably so glad to have a doctor in the house!

Jill said...

Hailey is on her way to being a James!

Michelle said...

holy crap mel...that is so funny - well not funny...but funny the way you tell the story. Poor little guy. Good thing your husband isn't an accountant!

Wendy P said...

We are still laughing as I type!
Wendy

Mandy said...

Poor James! I felt so bad but had to laugh. I have never met a more accident prone kid!:)

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA