Friday, December 7, 2007

Dave is cool!

"You're cool Dave, just in a way no one understands"




This was the comment made to my man at his emergency medicine
department party the other night. The best part about the comment is that is was made while out on the dance floor, where he was trying to figure out how to groove to music he had never heard before. Dave was asked if he like the music, he said "I've never heard this before, I must not be that cool." The response was, "No, you're cool Dave, just in a way no one undertands."
So, he's a little "behind the times" music wise- but I will always be grateful he introduced me to George Strait and Don Williams- they are truly the best in country.
(This picture was taken the night he had to MC a large reception for residents and attendings at Hershey Med. Cntr. I was giving him a haircut for the big event, and went right up the side without the gaurd on !! I was so proud of the way he handled it- no yelling involved- and he related it to doctoring in that you have to pay attention to the small details (like a guard) in order to give your patient the best care.)
He's amazing, and I'm so lucky he's mine... even if I am the only one who understands the way he is "cool."




5 comments:

Mandy said...

Ha Ha! That is soooooo Dave. I love it. I remember back to that fateful haircut. Dave did a good job playing it "cool."

Eliza said...

I love this post. You are cool, Dave.

We'll be in Utah the 21st to 27th. Matt and I have been talking about how to see everyone, maybe try to have a get-together one night or day.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm a late-comer when it comes to the blogging. Glad to have found yours and eliza's!! :) Check ours out too if you get a chance. Tell Dave I've always thought he's cool, but that probably won't help much. ha!

Riding Ramblings said...

Mel, I love that you buzzed his hair with out the clippers, I too have done it to Dan and we ended up going out and buying a new hat the next morning! Thank heavens their hair grows fast! In honor of your family we had a Christmas Karaoke party last weekend. It was fun but we lacked the Neil Diamond theme! Hope you guys did it again this year! We look forward to seeing you at the Hershey reunion next week!

clintandleximorgan said...

We're glad that Dave was calm during the cutting the hair affair. Dave is a good man. And of course...the whole story just made the haircut even more perfect. Also...loved the pictures of Zanna! She is just beautiful. Have a Happy New Year!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA