Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tag team back again...

I guess it's time to answer a tag. I've been tagged three times now, so here goes...

The Rules:
1. The player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves - try to find 6 you haven't already posted about!
2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, and then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for the rules.

My 6:

1. I constantly write posts in my head all day long about everything that is going on around me. I think it is pretty pathetic, but I can't help seeing life through "blog perspective" these days. I guess it's the today's way of saying "If my life were a movie..." Does anyone else do this?

2. Few people from my childhood know this- but I wore my hair the same way every day of fourth grade- half up with the pony tail on top off to the side (I'll try to find a picture... it was awesome), I wore shorts everyday of sixth grade- even on really snowy days!, and I wore a Chiquita banana sticker in the middle of forehead regularly through sixth/seventh grade- Heather, why did you let me do that??

3. I love watching make-over shows!!!! I know it is pretty lame to spend an hour watching someone else become happier and feel so much better about themselves, while laying there wishing I could be that person or feeling like I should be doing something to make myself better- when really, if I would just stop watching other people improve, I would have a lot more time to work on myself! .... that was a little tangent, but it felt good to tell myself that again.

but, I still love a good makeover.

4. I really want to go to Australia someday. I used to sit in my sister's car, she wasn't a big fan of that, and pretend I was driving there. I don't really know a lot about Australia, but it always seemed so beautiful, clean, and so far away from here. I love a good accent and a warm beach, so why not Australia? Maybe Dave will surprise me someday and pack my bags for me ( I hate packing) and we'll fly off into the sunset to the land "down under"--hint, hint... if he ever reads this.

5. I love watching kids- of any age- play sports. I always wanted to go to high school basketball or football games in Hershey, even though we didn't know anyone playing, but Dave thought it was really weird so we never did. I guess it is a little weird, but it is probably ingrained in me from watching all my older brothers' games and then playing lots of sports myself. I used to supervise Jr. Jazz basketball in American Fork, UT and I thought it was such a fun job! I think the little kids are hilarious to watch and I love seeing how into the games everyone gets. I guess I miss that phase of life and want to live vicariously through the kiddos. Hopefully our kids will play something so that I can finally attend some high school games again without feeling like a lame-o.

6. I love reading biographies and journals and "true story" books. I wish I could read more of them-I seem to go at a slow pace these days, with lots of Princess books and "Go, Dog, Go" taking up a lot of my reading time. I am reading Neal A. Maxwell's biography now, "A Disciples Life" by Bruce C. Hafen and have loved getting to know him better- he was so disciplined and thoughtful and some of his stories remind me of Dave. My sister-in-law let me read her journal from college and that was a fun, enlightening experience. I like to go back and read my journal too, well some of it, and I just love getting to know a person's true feelings and seeing how they handle what life throws at them.

I guess that is all for now, that was kind of fun...maybe I'll answer another tag in the near future. I am now tagging Sharon, Tricia, Caroline, Jill and Cheryl

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Mel..I love you. I loved hearing about the stuff you did as a kid...and the banana sticker cracked me up. I do also think of blogs all day long..and also would love to be on a makeover show. I also real life books...I'll probably finish one today called "The Glass Castle", its really good. I just love you. I feel so lucky to be such great friends with you!

Caroline said...

Mel, I can totally see you and in the future Zanna doing all those funny grade school things. You two crack me up!! I am an extreme 'in my head blogger.' Sometimes it drives me crazy. It was fun reading your tag.

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA