Thursday, November 29, 2007

Turkey Leftovers?

I've been meaning to post this for a few days, so it is probably a little late and all your turkey is gone, but I loved this yummy recipe and thought it was a good time of year to share it!



Turkey and Pasta with Peanut Sauce
Makes: 4 servings

6 ounces dried fettucine or linguine
2 cups fresh pea pods, tips trimmed, or one 6-ounce package frozen pea pods
1 cup cooked turkey or chicken strips
1 cup coarsley chopped fresh pineapple or one 8-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons cream peanut butter (or crunchy is good too)
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice or lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 clove garlic, minced

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, halve the fresh pean pods diagonally. Place pea pods and turkey in large colander. Pour hot cooking liquid from pasta over pea pods and turkey in colander; drain well. Return the pasta, pea pods, and turkey to the hot pan. Add the pineapple.
2 Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan stir chicken broth into peanut butter. Heat and stir with a whisk until peanut butter melts. Stir in soy sauce, lime juice, red pepper, and garlic; heat through.
3. Add sauce to the pasta mixture. Gently stir to coat pasta with sauce.


(I used chicken, frozen peas, and whole wheat pasta and it was great!)

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Better Homes & Gardens, right? I love this recipe too! How funny. Although I have not made it in a year or so and I have never made it with turkey, always chicken, so I forgot it originally called for turkey. I should have thought of it when we were thinking of creative ways to finish off our turkey last weekend.

Dave and Mel said...

Eliza- that's awesome that you love this one too. I'm glad you gave the reference, I forgot to say where it was from. I love BH&G- it has so many good cooking tips!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA