Monday, June 20, 2011

Kindergarten at its finest...

We've been out of school for a little over a week now, but I just keep thinking about James' year as a kindergartner and how lucky he was to have Mr. Morris for a teacher.  What a great teacher!! I cried on the last day when I had to say good-bye to him and his beautiful classroom and just didn't want the year to end for James.  James has also cried himself to sleep a couple of times thinking about leaving Mr. Morris and his friends in kindergarten.
 Mr. Morris started every day with singing on the rug with his guitar and Mia and I would often stay to hear the song--which she loved and the kids loved to see her "dancing" to the music.  He had the most organized classroom and the kids did so many projects and experiments and really learned how to learn.
Mr. Morris spent a lot of his weekend at school going over homework and preparing for the following week.  His life seems to be totally revolved around the kids and his classroom and I just couldn't believe all the time and dedication he put into the projects, field trips and performances.  The kids performed many different times throughout the year and always had costumes and were well-prepared and excited to show what they had learned.  
Mr. Morris is one of the most kind, calm and likable people I have met and I think our standard for teachers as been set to the top and it will be hard to find another teacher as organized and devoted as he was. 
Here are some pictures of James' year and a glimpse at the costumes they wore (so cute) and activities they did...what great memories!

first day of school

Mr. Morris and James

learning about other cultures


James' summer birthday celebration
Zanna got to join us for treats for J's b-day

The Graduation Celebration--dancing, singing, diplomas cookies and a very memorable night for all the kids and families!! 
These kids were great performers!

costumes
singing with the guitar and actions
ready to graduate...
the diploma
love my guy and his silly faces...


the fam

one of my favorite pictures--makes me teary

singing on the rug

halloween

crazy hair day

Chinese New Year Parade...with homemade dragon


Mexican Dance Performance- love this picture!


James and Emmy...his great buddy from school and church!

Cinco de Mayo perforance-- you should see him shake his little hips!

The Last Day of School
Singing "walk around the room" just like on the first day of school

saying good-bye to Lydia...the teacher's aide in both Z and J's classrooms

James and his buddy Benjamin

The last picture at Barron Park School-- we will miss you!!!

I may seem a little emotional about all this, but what can I say- I'm pregnant and it truly was a GREAT year!

Here's a little video of the last day of school song with Mr. Morris playing the guitar...sniff sniff

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Aw. Having an awesome teacher makes such a difference...especially for kindergarten. Don't you wish they could all be that great? I loved how O's teacher interacted with and taught the kids and I'm hoping next year will be as good an experience for her. I'm glad you guys enjoyed your year there!

Katie said...

You've brought back all of the happy/sad emotions I've been going through! This year really has been magical, and I'm glad i've had you to share it with!

I'd love to get that little video clip of the kids walking around the room to Mr. Morris' singing. Thanks for the great post!

Raegan said...

Goodness! I guess I need to read your blog more often! Another Baby! You are such a better and stronger woman than I will ever be! Congratulations on the new little one. We just had Kindergarten graduation too. It is a teary thing...

Abs said...

What an amazing teacher!! It's good to know there are teachers like that still out there. He looks and sounds like he should be a show on PBS!!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA