Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"the girls and babies"

Last month we had the visit of visits from "the girls and babies" as Zanna and James called it.
My sister, 2 sis-in-laws and all three of their babies came to stay for 4 days--as well as my childhood BFF, who was 27 weeks with child, and my two lovely lady cousins...it was a total estrogen party and I am only now blogging about it because it has taken me this long to recover.... :)

Mindy, Courtnee, Andrea and I (and the three babies) spent two full days in NYC and we were quite a sight with all the babes in baby bjorns, blankets and hats-- people made all sorts of comments and we even heard "oh, there's those babies and moms again" as if we were a New York attraction :) Court and Andrea have all the good city pictures but we had a great time walking the Brooklyn Bridge, shopping in Chinatown and Soho, strolling in Central Park, hanging in Times Square, eating gyros, Serendipity Frozen hot chocolate, Dylan's Candy Bar, H&M and A LOT OF WALKING!!! We packed a lot in and Dave was so great to have daddy days with our kids so that I could play sister and tour guide :)
we also hung out a lot at home and Z and J loved having all these guests and babies to play with
Heather flew in for two of the days to join the girl-party and it was SO FUN to see her pregnant!!! She is absolutely gorgeous and tiny and was such an amazing help to me with all our cooking and erranding-- we had quite an eventful weekend (the story is too long for this blog, but I was very grateful to have her here with me!!)
here's my beautiful cousins in the middle- Jess and Holly- i love having them so close and they are two of the coolest gals around
we finally sat down after Sunday dinner to relax and have a pedicure party-- I should have taken a picture of our toes and our bellies :)
we had a beautiful fall day up at Bear Mountain and although we missed the bears- very sad- we had some delicious fudge and the colors and leaves were amazing
we stopped at Stew Leonard's for dinner on the way home and it was crazy with all of us but so tasty as usual
Mindy, Jess and I (not such a cute one of me)
Jess surprised all the kiddos (and mom's) with matching jammies for all the kids! We had a great time trying to get photos of them all together and I wish I could post more, but don't want to bore you-- they sure looked cute though, thanks JESS!


The whole weekend went way too quickly and I am SO LUCKY that all these people came all this way to visit us in our little apartment! Dave was a huge trooper and help--I think he wanted to run to a hotel but I was proud of him for sticking it out and being so great!

I love my family and can't wait to see them all again at Christmas time- yeah!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a FUN get together! Looks like a serious party!

What are you guys doing Thanksgiving weekend? we have plans on Thanksgiving day, but Mike NEEDS a vacation, and I thought I'd see what you guys are doing.

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA