Monday, November 23, 2009

feeling much better

I feel like I need to write about some good things after my last post, and I want to say that I am feeling better and so grateful for all your positive affirmations and confirmations that I am not going crazy and will return to normal-- whatever that is :)

Last week I had a great time helping at the kid's school with their Thanksgiving Celebrations.
they had their parties on different days so it was fun to have some one-on-one with each kid and learn about their class and friends. They both did music performances and then had a "Thanksgiving Feast."
James said he thought they were going to have turkey and potatoes and was a little confused when they served bagels, fruit, veggies, and cookies :)

James was so cute during his performance and actually looked a little nervous. Afterwards he said, "that was so cool, it was my biggest performance ever!"
our weekend was pretty mellow and we mostly just 'bummed around"
Z and J had their last soccer games on Saturday and James scored 3 goals-- he is so fun to watch!
they all got trophies after the game and thought they were SO AWESOME
(although they look pretty cheesey to me:)

Zanna had a good last game too and I think likes the social aspect of the sport more than the actually playing of the game, but I'm just glad she had fun and she said she wants to play indoor in the winter. Her team had some adorable girls that really knew how to hustle!!
Dave had to work ALL weekend- fri, sat and sun- so we went to meet him for cafeteria ice cream and show him the new trophies, it was a great 5 minutes of dad-time.
we are very lucky that we can just walk down the hill and see him
yesterday I just wanted something comfy and warm to eat so I made this simple chicken noodle soup (I only had elbows, but it worked) and it was just that-- simple and yummy. I just added carrots, celery, onions and chicken base to some water, boiled that for few minutes, and then added some pasta, garlic salt, and dried parsley. I threw a couple of frozen chicken tenders in the oven for about half hour with some olive oil, salt and pepper and when they were done I cut them into pieces and threw 'em in the pot.
We had grilled cheese and tomatoes slices with the soup and it was a nice little meal.

Good weekend, ready to start the week with an attitude of gratitude!

3 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Cute pictures!! Glad you are feeling better.

The Harrises said...

Looks like you're doing all the fun things a mom should. Your eyes pop against that blue background.
Francis cranberry sauce is on the menu for Thursday!

Mic

Raegan said...

Cute pictures! Love the bums!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA