Monday, May 18, 2009

what we've been up to...

Last week Dave went fishing with the boys- Andy, Jeremy and Rob.
They went with a guide from Port Washington and at 5:00am Dave showed up in shorts and sandals and almost froze to death.  We was able to thaw enough to catch this beauty and now our freezer is full of delicious "striper." We ate it fresh from the sea for dinner that night and we all loved it- even the kids!!
Later that day we went to the New York Aquarium in Brooklyn with the Gold Fam.  It is pretty small so great for an afternoon outing and a gimpy mom like me.  The kids both had to use the bathroom like three times each, so I was a little perturbed, but other than that it was really fun to hang out with Payton, Halle, Kris and Andy. 
checkin' out the sea lions
Zanna's school had a "walk thru" the other night where we got to meet her teachers and see all the projects they've been doing.  It was fun to hear what her teachers had to say about her and show James around the school for next year.  They will be going to school together on the bus for Pre-K and Kindergarten and I'm going to miss them!! Zanna also got to perform for Latin Days and was the letter "A"- she walked across the stage like an "A" and was so happy to be performing.  She sings in Spanish now and it is pretty hilarious- I'll try to post it later...
For Mother's Day the kids and Dave made me a "fruit platter" after church. I loved it- can you tell by my face? We did a lot of nothing and it was perfect.
I am very GRATEFUL to be a mom and love my job!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

what a fun post....such a cute picture of you and your kids!

Jessica F. said...

You are such a fun mom! I love every post you put up about your kids, you can tell just how much you love what you do.

We are DYING to see you guys. Sterling just graduated and we are going to figure out our calender and set a date. I will give you a call!

goldmania said...

way cute pic of you and the kids!. It was fun to see you guys. Too bad you're stubborn and wouldn't let met give you a piggyback ride. :)

Sharon and Spencer said...

You guys always do such fun things. I always loved that about you- you love life and enjoy it and make everyone happy around you. Thanks for being my friend. I miss you!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA