Thursday, May 7, 2009

Today Zanna had a play date with a little girl from her class at school.  When we dropped her off James really wanted to stay and play too... they really haven't had many (hardly any actually) days away from each other and they usually go everywhere together.  He was really good to get back in the car without a fight but as we pulled away from the house he got tears in his eyes and said, "I just miss Zanna already."  

It was one of the sweeter moments I've had with him because he wasn't crying and throwing a little fit, he just had a really sad face and little tears because he wanted to stay and be with his sister. I didn't plan to have these two so close together, but I am very grateful we did.  They have really needed each other living out here away from family and making adjustments with friends and today it was just reaffirmed to me how lucky we are to have these two... what can I say, I am "seriously so blessed." 

5 comments:

Jessica F. said...

That is one of the cutest things I have ever heard! I love sibling love!!!

Michelle said...

they are so so so sweet, and that is really one of the sweetest thing i've ever heard. What a sweet little brother! They are such cute siblings!

Danielle said...

Love the "seriously so blessed" reference =) It's so hard having kids so close together, but totally worth it in the long run. What a sweet little guy.

Eliza said...

Oh, so sweet. I am glad to hear this, too, because I wasn't sure what to think when we had a girl. Of course I LOVE and absolutely adore our sweet girl--and I have always wanted to have a girl--but I had secretly kind of hoped for a brother for Theo, as close in age as they are. But of course girls and boys can be friends too. It's one of my greatest wishes for Theo and Ida to have a friendship like the one between Zanna and James!

The Harrises said...

That is very tender James! You can have a play date with me in the car in less than 60 hours. No tears please, it just might break my heart.

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA