Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I joined the gym...

For the first time in my life, I am a gym goer. (Actually, I signed up for Gold's Gym in Provo once but cancelled the next day- talk about an impulse buy.) I never thought I would be a gym member because I always loved exercising outside or just doing videos at home, but with all factors against me- a little apt. where I can easily kick the kids if I'm lettin' loose to Taebo, freezing windy weather, no trail conveniently out my door for the stroller, 2 kids who are getting older and needing more room and interaction, and needing an "out" in these last months of cold- I decided to join L.A. Fitness and it has CHANGED MY LIFE!! Not really, but sort of, and we are all loving it! Dave and I decided it is worth the splurge to let the kids run around in their huge KIDS ZONE, he gets to play racquetball, swim, lift, bike, run etc. and I attend all the awesome classes and have guilt free exercise time- it's amazing! Sometimes the kids are having so much fun, I take an extra 20 min and sit in the sauna or read in the nice lounge. We are healthier and happier and I can now say "I am a member."

5 comments:

Caroline said...

I am so jealous!! I'm glad you have some regular kid-free time. It is the best.

Wendy P said...

Okay, so I joined a gym last year and it changed my life for all the same reason you just listed. However, Asher is in that aggressive 2 year old stage and we were told that we couldn't go back until he stopped pushing. I am losing my mind without the gym to go to and Jackson is begging to go back to the kids club. I have got to get that kid to stopped hitting and pushing. I am glad that you have discovered the joy of membership.

Jessica F. said...

I wish I could say that I enjoyed going to the gym that much!

AnnDee said...

I'm so jealous! that sounds FABULOUS. Enjoy it every second!

martieandtom said...

Hey Mel,
You make me want to join a gym too and "change my life" - like loose a few pounds (no, a lot of pounds) and be fit-looking like you!
I'm so glad that you get to do this!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA