Saturday, March 1, 2008

American Idol with my Girl


So, last Tuesday Zanna and I had an American Idol party and it was hilarious to sit and watch TV with her for the evening. We painted her nails, white with glow-in-the-dark pink sparkle on top- gorgeous! and had a great mother/daughter bonding night.

Here are some of her comments thru the night:

1) Mom, Ryan looks handsome!

2) after a commercial with talking numbers- "I didn't know numbers could talk!"

3) I like the guy with really long hair

4) During an Almay commercial- Z: "Mom, you need some of that." Me:"Why?" Z: "Then your skin will look so smooth!"

5) After about 30 min. of Idol, "Would you see if there is a kid show on, I am done with American Idol."


I love A.I. and I miss getting together with my friends in Hershey, but I had a great night with Zanna and am always entertained by her observations on life :)

8 comments:

Jessica F. said...

Zanna is so adorable and I LOVE here comments. What a fun night!

The Thompsons said...

You were missed here in Hershey!! I am so glad you were able to come for some idol fun while you were here! I love that you watched it with Zanna though...she is hillarious!

Jules said...

I'm glad you're blogging again! We always enjoy James, Zanna, and their comments. James clearly needs to come check out Alex's knife collection.

Abs said...

Oooh! I've been watching idol by myself or sometimes with Justin. Only he just makes comments about how all the singers stink. I totaly miss the fun company of cute girls. At least you have Zanna. Well for a half hour anyway.(We really started a great Hershey tradition, didn't we.)

Michelle said...

that's so fun! Zanna is so funny! What a fun night you had with her!

AnnDee said...

Love the date nights. I'm impressed she lasted 30 minutes! She is adorable!

Holly Harris Murray said...

American Idol Rocks! Zanna is the cutest thing ever, loved hanging with her on Saturday! Hope she can come up and play soon.

Lisa and Mark said...

Well Mel, I finally gave in. We have a blog. I tagged your blog on my page. I hope you don't mind. I love reading about your cute little family. You're kids say the funniest things! Are you gonna be in Utah anytime soon?

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA