Wednesday, February 9, 2011

mini me's

Heather and Anthony came to see us in January and is was so fun to see our little babies together for the first time! I saw Anthony when he was only 6 weeks old but this was the first time my family met him and the first time Heather met Mia so everyone was so excited for this visit. 

little minis of us...
I think this picture shows how much our babies resemble us
We took a little stroll around Stanford campus and it was our first time being "moms" together...how fun after being best friends since 5th Grade :) 
our trusty side-kicks

no, we didn't mean to dress alike but great minds do think alike...
Heather and Mia bonding over apple chips (heather's obsession) and puffs (Mia's obsession)
we girls love our food!
Saturday morning we "Hiked the Dish" and let me remind you that this was on JANUARY 22nd!!!
It was beautiful!
Zanna and James LOVED playing with Anthony and talked about how cute he was for days after they left.  He is such a fun little guy and reminds me so much of his momma...
We headed down to Half Moon Bay and the Fitzgerald Preserve to play in the tide pools and just enjoy the ocean air.  It was a little chilly but the view, the waves, the sea anemone and the sea lions made up for a little wind.  I am really going to miss living so close to the ocean...
We were just walking along and came upon all these sea lions basking in the sun (the long, rock-like looking things in the background)
the babes being babies...they felt so big up on the bunk beds!
and here is what we did most of the weekend...EAT and make REALLY big MESSES!! 
These little guys kept us busy and I learned from this trip that I need to let Mia just feed herself and make huge messes and be happy about that (thanks for reminding me of that Heather and Anthony!)

Heather and I went out on Friday night to "Plutos" on University in Palo Alto after taking and hour and a half to decide on a place! We walked up and down the streets with the babies asleep in their car seats and I'm sure looked pretty funny to everyone else. 

We made muddy buddies, peanut butter cookies, and chocolate/oatmeal/cranberry cookies with powdered sugar that were amazing!!  I love hanging out with this girl and am soooo lucky to have her in my life.  The visit was too short but very sweet and I loved seeing Heather as a momma and getting to know Anthony.  Thanks for coming honey, we all love you guys!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like such a fun visit! It is adorable how much both of your little ones really do look like you two! I hope Heather's doing well! You both look fabulous! (as always!)

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA