Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mom saves the day!

Even though she was just here 5 weeks before, my mom came again to help me when Dave had to go back to work (to the night shift!) and I am soooooo grateful she did! Mia was only 8 days old when she arrived and had some really fussy nights so it was so nice to have Grandma here to hold her so I could nap and play with Zanna and James. She took them to church and got them ready for school and they just love being with her. We got out to do some fun things too so it was a great trip and saved me from going a little crazy with the transition from 2 to 3 kiddos...
Grandma arrived on the red-eye flight and the kids were all so happy to see her when they woke up...even Mia!
She got to go to Zanna's class picnic at school
playing on the tire swing at our house
such a little poser
Mia at 1 1/2 weeks old
we had lunch at Stew Leonard's and I wanted a picture of Mia and my favorite ice cream :)
We went to an Eco Festival and had a great time getting faces painted, decorating reusable bags, catching tadpoles, listening to music, eating ice cream, and watched an awesome reptile show with snakes, turtles, alligators, frogs and more...


Only Grandma can teach piano, play a duet, sing and hold Mia all at the same time!
my 4-year old baby... he said he was just trying out Mia's new chair for her :)

We had to take Grandma to the beach since she had never been to a Long Island beach yet. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and we built a castle for all the sand crabs, jumped in the waves, took a fun walk and ate lots of chips
Zanna wrote this on our walk...she is such a great big sister and loves Mia to pieces!

Dave was working the night shift and this was right when he got home. He always thinks he's going to stay awake and hang out with us for a bit but falls asleep in about 2 minutes.
He loves to hold Mia when he gets home though and is such a cute dad with her.
She always smiles in her sleep and I finally caught it!
the day Grandma had to go home...Mia is not very happy about this
Before going to the airport we stopped at the nail salon for pedicures and manicures. Zanna was home sick from school and the ladies painted her nails for her...she was SO EXCITED to get her first manicure and loved the little flower. I told her this is not going to be a habit, but it was fun to see her so happy!
We picked up James from school, got some lunch at Panera and headed for the airport. These three are so cute and James was so sad to see Grandma leave. He said, "I'm not ready for Grandma to leave yet" and started crying in the car. We counted that we would see her again in 40 days so that made it a little better.
Thank you Mom for coming out to entertain, cook, clean, hold, wipe, laugh, eat, play, read and love us! You are the best and we sure love you!!

Here's a little video of Zanna and Grandma's duet...

11 comments:

goldmania said...

Glad you found a little time to catch up. :) Makes me cry just reading all the fun exciting things going on. :) You're such a good mom Mel and I'm glad you could get a little break and spend some time with your mom. Miss you guys.

Morrena Harris said...

I cannot wait to see all of you again, the vedio was priceless. The kids all look so great. I can remember working the night shift when I worked at St. Marks Hosp. I can relate to Dave being so sleepy. Take care and we will see you in Salt Lake!

The Harrises said...

Oh my what a great mom you have. She is golden. You look like you're handling everything so well. You know if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be as pretty and kept together and did I mention calm?

Chris and Suzette said...

Darling cute pictures . . . ALL of them!

Chris and Suzette said...

Darling cute pictures . . . ALL of them!

Jill said...

Mia is so cute, she looks like Zanna to me in one of those pics. Give me a call when you come this summer!

Michelle said...

I seriously love your mom! How amazing for her to come out again and see you! I love all of the pics..especially the pic/video of your mom being the ultimate multi-tasker! She's so awesome. You look so dang good! I love the beach picture of you and your kids. YOu're seriously the cutest mom ever

Tasha said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! What a sweet addition to your cute family! You of course look amazing.

Martie said...

Thanks for documenting my visit and reminding me how much I loved being there with you guys! I can never get enough of you all! You're doin' great with three kids! Keep on keeping on! See you soon! Love you!

Lourdes and family said...

What a pleasure to have met your Mom on several occasions. She is such a great Mom and so beautiful too. Zanna and James and now Mia have the best grandma. Loved the video

Lourdes and family said...

What a pleasure to have met your Mom on several occasions. She is such a great Mom and so beautiful too. Zanna and James and now Mia have the best grandma. Loved the video

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA