Wednesday, November 5, 2008

recommend it to all...


The Secret Life Of Bees

Dave and I saw this last night for our "free Tuesday movie night" and I would recommend it to everyone! I absolutely loved the book and would recommend reading it- preferably before  seeing the movie- to anyone looking for an excellent, heart-felt, inspiring read.  It made me want to be a better mom and just make sure my kids know they are loved and will always be taken care of.  Dave liked it too, even though he still has a hard time understanding why I like to read/watch things that make me sad, and I think it was good for him to go to movie like this for a change- it was a refreshing change from all the fast-paced action or comic book movies we've seen lately.  Two thumbs up!

5 comments:

Steve said...

Dave,

Better than "Ghost Rider"?

Eliza said...

I LOVED The Secret Life of Bees! It's been several years since I read it so I don't remember all the details, but I cried at the end. I remember I was on a plane when I finished reading it (on the way to visit Matt...we were dating) and the lady next to me asked if I was okay.

Have you read The Mermaid Chair? It is NOWHERE near as good...in fact it is terrible. (In my opinion.)

I'm excited to see the movie.

Michelle said...

I saw the movie too...thought it was great! so touching.

The Harrises said...

I loved the book and I can't wait to see the movie.
Off subject:
Did I ever tell you that after we ate at TJ Rockwell's that night, I ended up puking my brains out around 1AM? Unfortunately, thumbs down on the food that night, but still a great place to eat. Glad we had standby direction givers.

Jessica F. said...

I can't wait to see this movie. I absolutely LOVED the book and cannot even wait to see the movie!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA