Thursday, October 4, 2007

Some people are just so nice

So, today I ran errands again and the kids were really good (for them) and so I promised them we could get ice cream. All Zanna wanted was a little Frosty- but WENDY'S is hard to come by out here (there aren't a lot fast food chains and none of them are in convenient locations)!
Anyway... I see a Carvel ice cream store so I quickly pulled over and when we got inside the sign said

"No Credit or Debit Cards- Cash only!"

That is how it always is around here- you have to have CASH for everything!!
So, I told the kids we had to leave so I could go to the bank, and James started crying.
The next thing I know, the nice man next to me laid down $6 and said

"It's on me."

I tried to refuse, but he insisted and said he had older kids and was happy to do it.
I couldn't believe how nice it was, I mean $6 isn't really a lot in the whole scheme of money, but it meant a lot to me and especially to the kiddos. So, we all got ice cream and even 50 cents back, which we tipped the nice Carvel ice cream guy with.

today was a good day.




3 comments:

Jules said...

I love those little moments. Zach's Dr. once gave us back his copay and told us to start a college fund with it. As you said, not a ton of money in the grand scheme but just thoughtful, real, and human in a relationship that isn't always that way. Thanks for sharing. We love you!

Michelle said...

What a nice guy. Your story just put a smile on my face. :)

Micki said...

New Yorkers are really not that bad!

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA