Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our first early morning...


This is what I found yesterday morning when I came around the corner.
She is only 16 months, but ready for school--she was so proud of herself!


Mia is quite the opinionated, independent, "tell you what I want" kind of girl and I am very glad she is staying home with me because I'm not sure the other kids at school could handle her "my way or the highway" attitude--we've got some taming to do before we let this one out into the world of elementary school!


Today was the first day of school and I think I was more excited than the kids were.  I am not excited to get up early, be in total "routine mode", make lunches and go thru piles of paperwork....but I am excited for Zanna and James to meet new friends, learn new skills, climb the monkey bars, eat in the little cafeteria and use all their brand new school supplies- sounds fun, eh?



The night before the 1st day of school-- jammies and ice cream sandwiches on the porch before bed :)

All the cute neighbor kids waiting for the bus this morning at 7:25am.
It was a lot chillier this morning (it's like someone knew the month had changed today) but there was a lot of energy in these kids and it was so fun to see them with their friends ready to go.
We have really lucked out with these great kids living just a couple houses away!


So happy!! 
(I must have told a good joke :)
Zanna - 7 yrs old, 2nd grader

James - 6 years old, 1st grader

And they're off!

Everyone came home safe and happy after a great first day!
We had chocolate chip cookies for a snack and lots more friend time before going to soccer.
Dave and I had a very relaxing morning--we played with Mia, cleaned the house, went and looked at houses, lunch at Costa Vida, looked at suburbans and made it home just in time for the bus.

I think it is going to be a great year!

more summer pictures to come...

6 comments:

Katie said...

so cute! They look adorable - so grown up!

I'm sorry we didn't call on Sunday - I had forgotten that we were going to a lunch right after church!!

mar said...

we miss you guys! they both look SO grown up, i hope the school year is great for them! (and you!)

Michelle said...

I love the family pic at the top of your blog, and holy crap! 7:25?! I thought Damon's bus at 7:45 was early! good luck girl! so glad that you' re doing well in Idaho.

Martie said...

Hey . . . it was only yesterday that it was YOU going off to Franklin school in Pullman WA on your first day with new clothes, supplies and backpack - and so excited! Sweet memories . . . oh, the "circle of life!" Love you!

Aimee and Mark said...

I second Michelle's comment that your new family picture is AWESOME. You all look so good! I'm glad the kids' first day of school went well. Let's chat again soon!

Raegan said...

Goodness Melanie! You guys always take the CUTEST family pictures. Congratulations on your upcoming boy! It's good for James to have a buddy. I tried texting you last week. I was at North Shore having a test done and I couldn't quit thinking of you guys. When I walked by the playground I got tears in my eyes. We had some really great times there. I guess I need your new number. Send it over if you want. Much Love,Raegan

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA