Thursday, December 9, 2010

funny to me

funny things...



Tonight while I was doing the dishes I heard this:


James: Brooke is allergic to eggs and peanuts so she can't eat them. I am not allergic to anything.... Well, I am allergic to GROSS food because I CAN'T eat it so I guess that means I'm allergic.  Zanna, you're allergic to gross food then too, right?"


Zanna: "Yep, I guess that's right."

every time I see this I smile

another little funny thing....


The day after Thanksgiving I was worn out from all the cooking so I made the kids chicken nuggets, opened up an applesauce and put out some carrots (raw baby carrots).  After dinner James said, "Mom, I love you so much because you make the BEST dinners!"


it doesn't take much to please this boy...




Mia loves to eat my face off and will gnaws on my chin with crazy baby strength...it tickles :)


Tonight I asked the kids to sing Mia Christmas songs in the car because she was sad, this is what I heard...
Zanna: "Shepherds, we have heard on high..." and "away in a manger, no crib for a bed, the little POOR Jesus, lay down his sweet head."


Last funny thing...

We are moving to Pocatello, ID! 

We are really excited, but just the name Pocatello and the fact that we are moving there after all these years of living in some pretty cool places makes me giggle inside :)
details to come...

8 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Wow you guys already know!! Congrats!

Michelle said...

okay, I'm laughing out loud at your kids comments...there has been two separate times when I have made ridiculously simple meals...I can't even remember (similar to chicken nuggets...) ....but Damon said "wow mom, you should be on Top Chef!" hahaha!

What is this about Pocatello?! I thought you just moved to Cali! What's Dave doing now?! At least housing is probably cheap there! (compared to NY and Cali)

Cheryl said...

Pocatello...I knew it was probably gonna happen but what is it with people I love moving to ID not a state top on my lists for visits but it will sure see plenty of us since there are and will be even more cool people living there. CONGRATS! how exciting :) hey we went with the Mac but I have done nothing with it yet since I am too scared but at least I have the internet. i wish u could come over and hold my hand...heee heee

Caroline said...

Ha ha, I can totally hear them saying those things! Totally makes me miss you guys. Owen once told me he couldn't eat meat because he was allergic to it. (all serious, and thinking I would fall for it!)

Meagan said...

Your kids are too cute! That is awesome that you are moving to Pocatello. Nic did his undergraduate there at ISU and we spent our first year of marriage there. It really is in a beautiful location. A lot of professors would tell us that they left their schools in the east to move to Pocatello because they thought it was so beautiful. If you want the scoop on good restaurants, trail runs, cheap activities, etc. let me know. Its been a long time, but I have very fond memories of living there. Excited to hear all about it!

Meredith said...

Your kids are hilarious!
Pocatello? I guess we'll have to come visit now. I've never been to Idaho. JD calls it the frozen tundra. Can't wait to hear more details!

Rachel said...

your kids are so cute. that baby mia is a doll. have you seen singles ward? i keep thinking about when the kid opens his mission call to boise, idaho and his response. it's classic. you gotta see it if you haven't. congrats again, that's awesome that it all worked out for you!

Dave and Loralee said...

yay-if you're in pocatello that means you'll come down to slc to shop (b/c I mean, really, what kind of shopping is there in pocatello??), which means you're closer and then maybe we can actually see you guys some time :) Is this for a fellowship of some sort?
I'd love your address there in cali. can you send it to me? llatham80 at hotmail dot com.

Medical School Graduation

Medical School Graduation
May 20, 2007 Hershey, PA